Tuesday, November 2, 2010

why don't you sit right down and make me smile? - Hawaii

The best thing about staying in a hostel is the people you meet. I have been to a fair few around the world and if I met you at a hostel chances are you are awesome, or a slightly crazy old lady, either way you are most likely an entertaining character and I‘m glad I slept on a nearby bunk. I get a little annoyed when I hear people bitching that hostels don’t provide an “authentic” experience because you don’t mingle with the locals. Please, it’s up to you to get out there and say hello to a few strangers and turn them into your friends, but then again, why not bring that sweet Swiss girl with the beautiful blond curls along for the fun? (More about her later).


While in Waikiki I stayed at the Seaside Hostel, you should stay there too.

One of my new friends went to school in Hawaii and was back for a wedding. He had a friend releasing a CD, and I invited myself along. I’m really happy I did. The CD, was nothing too special (sorry) … but he had an old friend from high school come up and play his ukulele.
 

I am now a big fan of those little things ... and all his lady friends who danced for us.


No comments: